The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Ribbon Cutting in Chouteau, OK

Chouteau recently welcomed 2 new restaurants and reopened a grocery store that was redone. At 9 am on October 4th, they started at Shoppers Value Foods, then went to The Old Street Diner, and after that, first the group went to Pop’s and Gigi’s Cafe. Opening new businesses is a big thing in this small town. Hopefully, many people went out to support our community, and welcome the new businesses.

Shoppers Value Foods is located at 500 N. Chouteau Ave. The stores doors opened October 1st, and their business hours are 7:00 am to 9:00 pm seven days a week. The store was re-modeled and changed to a cost plus 10% format along with several other changes. For more info about this store visit http://myshoppersvaluefoods.com.

Old Street Diner is located on 110 E Main St. Sunday- Wed the hours are 6 am to 3 pm, and Thursday, Friday, and Saturday the hours are 6 am to 9 pm. It is an old-fashioned diner. All of the meals are homemade, and the meat is all fresh. Fresh ground coffee is served, and all the fried food is hand battered to perfection. The employees treat all their customers like family and the atmosphere is excellent and cozy.

Pop’s and Gigi’s Cafe is located on Hwy 69 next door to the Monterrey Hotel. The restaurant will be open 7 days a week, and the hours are 7 am to 8 pm. There is another location in Inola, OK, and decided to open one in Chouteau after a long thinking process. There is daily specials that are posted on the Pop’s and Gigi’s Cafe Facebook page.