The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Sophomore Homecoming Attendee

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, outdoorThis year’s 2017 Sophomore Homecoming attendees are Drue Hendricks and Jacob Graham. Homecoming was on September 8, 2017. Homecoming started at 5:30 and the game started at 7:30 we played against Quapaw and won (20- 16). I asked this year’s Sophomore homecoming attendee Drue Hendricks a couple questions about her thoughts on winning this year’s Football Homecoming and what she did to prepare for Homecoming Week.

What sport(s) do you play and which one do you like playing the most and why? Drue answered “Softball and Cheer. My favorite sport to play is Softball, because I love how competitive it is, and I just fell in love with it the moment I stepped on the field. What was your reaction to getting homecoming?.  “I was really stunned and honored that people chose me. I was also really grateful, and a little nervous,” she answered humbly. Is it your first time getting homecoming? If not what do you hope is different from the last time you got homecoming?. ” No, it’s not my first time. I hope I don’t  fall during this year’s games, and that I don’t get as nervous,” she answered. What is your favorite thing about homecoming? “My favorite thing is getting voted in because it’s such a huge honor that the boys would choose me to help represent the school,” she answered gratefully. Did it take you a long time to pick out what you are going to wear?. “No, not really. I am not too picky, and  I know what I like so when I found my dress I just knew that it was what I wanted.”. Are you dressing up for spirit week if so why? “Yes, I am. I love having school spirit and dressing up is just a fun and great way of showing it!”. What day of spirit week and why? ” Well I am going to try and dress up for all of them, and hopefully succeed! Like I said I just want to participate in school functions, and it just shows a lot of school spirit!” she said excitedly.