The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Freshman Court

Kaitee Ocana

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoorFriday, September 8, 2017, was Chouteau High School Football Homecoming. Our parade started at 2:45 from the Elementary parking lot heading downtown. This years freshman homecoming attendant is Reece Cole. Her escort is Dylan Lunsford. She plays Softball, but her favorite sport is football she stated the reason for this is,”it’s fun to watch.”

Reece said, “When I was announced as homecoming attendant I was really excited!” She also said, “I’m most excited to wear my dress for homecoming.”Her high school goals are making new friends, and to hopefully get a scholarship for softball. She loves getting to come to school and see her friends.

Chouteau Wildcats took on Quapaw for Homecoming. The 2017 freshman homecoming escort is Dylan Lunsford. He plays football and baseball. Baseball is his favorite though, he stated: “He is better at it, and he wants baseball to be his career.”

Dylan said, “When I got announced freshman homecoming escort I was excited because I wanted it since last year.” His favorite part of homecoming is the parade, and his favorite dress up day for Spirit Week is Tourist Day.

Photo Credits: Chasma Hawkes