The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Freshmen Fear

Getting used to a new school

Autumn Standingwater, Writer

Imagine the feeling of starting back at the bottom. Freshmen fears are something most students experience at one point.

Freshmen Blake Couch, Destiny Renowden and Kaylee Soap don’t have to imagine it, they have experienced  it. The three freshmen could not wait to go back to school to see their friends and start the new year.

“I was high strung because I had to keep the pace up and I thought it was going to be harder,” said Soap. She soon realized that 9th grade is like any other grade.

Renowden, who was not exactly ready to go back to school, said just getting older and having more decisions to make about my future is stressful. But not everyone was worried.

“I wasn’t really nervous,”said Couch. “I knew many of the high schoolers and most said it was easy.”

Renowden said she was ready to start high school, but “did concerned me a little,” ,because she had concerned ,but it seem to workout.

Couch said “I was looking forward to high school, but I was expecting it to be harder than what it is.”

“I feel like it’s more stressful since there is more going throughout the day,”said Renowden.

Soap said, “she was just ready to get out of the middle school.”

The three freshman said high school is fast pace, pretty exciting and full of new experiences.

Beside the obvious fears, Couch, Renowden and Soap encourage students to be themselves and try their best.

“High school can be a challenge sometimes,” said Soap. “I enjoy learning something new everyday.”