The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Bernie Sanders A Good Idea?

Jullian Martin

As we all know Bernie Sanders is running for President in the Democratic Party, he seems to be becoming very famous throughout the younger people of this generation. Some of his ideas have been getting a lot of attention from different voters throughout the country, his ideas include his economic plan, his plan would create nearly 26 million jobs for Americans making the unemployment rate fall to 3.8%. Sanders also has a Medicare-for-all plan for Americans if he is elected president in November of this year, but looking for the outcome of that plan, it would cost $13.8 trillions dollars just within 10 years.

Now, there’s are some ups and downs about a few of his plans for example, he seems to have a great education plan for colleges and universities. Sanders says “As President, I will: Make tuition free at public colleges and universities, lower student loan interest rates for current and future borrowers, ensure all children have access to a quality education by fighting to ensure equal access to educational resources, and make childcare and pre-K universal and affordable.” But how is Sanders going to pull off this plan? How will he get the money for our free education?  The only answer that he has given to the people about his plans is that he ‘just knows’ he can do it. Is that someone to trust as the President our country?

How does Bernie Sanders feel about our immigration problem? Quoting Sanders, “As President, I will fight for comprehensive immigration reform that provides a road map to citizenship for the 11 million aspiring Americans living in this country. But I will not wait for Congress to act. I will take executive action to accomplish what Congress has failed to do and build upon President Obama’s executive orders to unite families.” He seems to be making himself very clear on that act to voters all throughout the country. People say he is the type of person to just never back down from anything that he says. He has really made himself one of the most famous candidates running this year and plans to make America a better country if he is elected as President in November.