The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Mean Girls

Jullian Martin

As we all know it has been over 10 years since one of the best movies of all time came to help our wonderful souls. ‘Mean Girls’ the movie is based on a teenage girl named Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) who moves to the suburbs of Illinois. She was raised in Africa so Cady has a very hard time fitting in at her new school.

Her first day of school was probably the worst day ever to her, but little did she know that she was going to meet Janis Ian (Lizzy Caplan) who was the type of girl that never cared about what anyone thought, which admit it, we all wish we had her attitude. She also met Damian (Daniel Franzese) who never failed to give Cady compliments or help her pick out the perfect outfit, but Cady had no idea that they would be the best friends she ever had. Janis and Damian told Cady everything she needed to know about high school, including the ‘Plastics’ of the school. The ‘Plastics’ are known as the meanest, most cruel girls in the school and are known to ruin your life forever if you ever crossed their good side. Gretchen Wieners (Lacy Chabert) was mainly known for how rich her father was for inventing Toaster Strudels, Karen Smith (Amanda Seyfried) was considered one of the dumbest girls on the planet, which may be a little mean but come on, we all know its true. Last but not least we have Regina George (Rachel McAdams) the meanest of them all, she was the leader of the Plastics and no one would ever get in her way.

During the great movie Regina soon wants to be friends with Cady, so Janis, Damian and Cady come up with a plan to get revenge on the mean Plastic by sabotaging everything that Regina loved, including her clothes sizes. As time went on Cady, Janis and Damian had completely ruined Regina’s life by making her gain 20 pounds, ruining her relationship and taking her popularity away from her. Sadly, Cady had her popularity and it all went to her head. She had become the number one plastic and became the rudest most hateful girl, even worse than Regina! Janis and Damian refused to talk to Cady anymore because of what she had become. High School had gone to her head and ruined everything, her grades dropped, she lost her friends and just had no more chances with the boy she had liked who’s name was Aaron Samuels (Johnathan Bennett). Things had changed for Cady and she had no idea how they were going to go back to normal.

By the end of the fantastic movie, Cady had come to realization that being popular wasn’t the number one priority in high school, she had been grounded for a while because she got caught throwing a party at her house and had a lot of time to think. She went with the Mathletes and won a competition. After winning her and her math team went to Spring Fling where Cady had surprisingly won queen. She gave a great speech to everyone and even shared the crown with Regina. Things had turned out great for Cady and she couldn’t be happier by the end of the movie, she got to date Aaron and got her best friends back living with peace inside without drama and she wouldn’t have asked for anything better.

So even if we are all just quoting famous ‘Mean Girls’ quotes like “You go Glen Cocoo” or “You can’t sit with us” ‘Mean Girls’ will always be one of the greatest movies of all time. Although it does seem to make a pretty good summary of high school for any girl. ‘Mean Girls’ is always a way to go for some cheering up or just funny great advice.