The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Homecoming Week 2K16

Tori Middleton

Homecoming is an exciting time for every one, from the court to the students doing activities throughout the week. For the highschoolers it was especially exciting to have spirit week in the new building.

Spirit week was Disney themed this year! Monsters University, Sleeping Beauty, Lilo & Stitch, and Mickey and Minnie were part of the day to day theme for the overall Disney theme!

The door contest had some stiff competition this year! There was so many agonizingly decorated doors, it must have been hard to pick a winner. The Friday of homecoming we had a very exciting pep assembly! We had some amazing speeches by Junior Jayce Stimpson, Coach Stimpson, Coach inglett, and Mrs. Yarbrough! The girls of the court got to make their escorts as pretty as a peach with the one minute makeup game!

Then came the night of homecoming! All of the girls looked so beautiful, and their dresses were so pretty. Freshman Sydni Keys, sophomore Sarah Cochran, Junior Skylar Brown, and senior Dayla Vance all had an assortment of beautiful blue dresses, while queen Allison Grossman had a gorgeous white dress. Allison and King Conner Darnell had a “Dab” that will always be remembered instead of partaking in the traditional homecoming king and queen kiss.