The student news site of Chouteau High School
  • March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Wildcat Art Society

The Wildcat Art Society started during the 2011/2012 school year and has became a very important program for Chouteau Schools. The Wildcat Art Society has hosted many different organizations such as Black Buggy Day,  Summer Day Camp, and many more. The Wildcat Art Society’s goal is to enrich and help make the community a better place, inspiring creativity in others, and celebrating local talent.

The Art Department does a few yearly fundraisers. On Black Buggy Day the students set up a booth to paint peoples faces. It’s always a fun experience for everyone. Another activity the Wildcat Art Society does for the community is paint faces at the Nursing Home. They also made Halloween decorations for the Senior Citizen Center. The last is their annual Summer Day Camp. Students from third through fifth grade have the chance to take a week long art camp that do a variety of fun art activities from drawing to sculpting and even basket weaving!

The Art Department were lucky enough to receive a grant to go to Crystal Bridges. Crystal Bridges is in Arkansas, OK. The art teacher, Mrs. Aubrey said that the museum was a must see!