The student news site of Chouteau High School

The Pride

• March 2Spring Break is March 14-18th

• September 28Fall Break, no school October 15th and 16th!

• September 28Chouteau Ladycats won districts in softball! Congratulations ladies!!

Apple Vs. Android

Hope Badley, contributer

In 2009, Android hit the market. They came out with the original Motorola Droid, but they began making in in 2003. Google noticed that Android could be worth a lot of money and bought it from the team in 2005. Since then, the Android OS has been the original among hundreds of phones. The most recent and powerful, the Samsung Galaxy S II. The Galaxy S II is the closest competitor to the Apple iPhone. It comes with a 4.3-inch screen. The resolution is 480 x 800 megapixels. There is an eight megapixel camera that takes HD photos and 1080p video.

The most impressive thing about the hardware is probably its 1.2Ghz dual-core processor. The dual-core processor is the engine behind most mobile devices and determines its speed. But the speed of the processors is not the only thing that matters; the cores, as well. Dual-core processors are what allows you to do more than one thing at a time without slowing down.

Although Apple may be the most popular, Android has built upon the cornerstones that iOS has been built on. Both offer unique experiences, and while Android does offer much more choice in what type of hardware you can use, Apple’s hardware is seen as a work of art. If choice is what you like, Android is a safe bet. If power and usability is more important, Apple’s iPhone is probably what you would like best.